Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sudden Death Fighting Game Tournament

Team PanCan has recently announced that they will be having a sudden death tournament on November 10-11, 2012. Fighting games included in the skirmish are; Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters 13, Mortal Kombat 9, and Persona 4 Arena.

Are you ready?

Being a follower of the UMvC3 series, this is one opportunity that I've been waiting for - to be able to face the best of the best. Last year, I was able to go to the Pinoy PS tournament at the Best of Anime 2011 event, and boy was it awesome! I never got to join since I arrived late (boohoo) but I got to play against one of the players there.

End result was 2-1, but the experience for me was enough to get my fighting game blood boiling with anticipation. I got hooked. Afterwards, I fought with friends and colleagues alike but it feels that it wasn't enough. Never really satisfied. Then I saw this post by Team X-Over about the sudden death match, and then, I felt there may be a chance. "I'll definitely join this tournament!", I said to myself.

Mabuhay!

For Filipino fighting enthusiasts out there, this is the chance for you to shine and show your skills in front of the local fighting game community scene. You can get the latest updates on the sudden death tournament from Team PanCan's blog or their Facebook page. If you're overseas, and/or are dropping by the Philippines around those dates, feel free to join in on the fun and the camaraderie. Gamers unite!



My PSN ID is NinjaKabute. You can also follow me on Twitter to get the latest updates on my blog, PS3 news, manga, the NBA, photography, or just my gaming experience cramped up in 140 characters.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I would like to inform you guys that The Sudden Death Tournament has been moved to November 10-11 due to scheduling issues.

    Please refer to Team PanCan's facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Team.PanCan thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update Zack! Will update my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Frank! Will try to post other stuff soon :D

    ReplyDelete