Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Review

Assassin's Creed (AC) Brotherhood is the 3rd installment of the famous AC series and its main story is a continuation of the events after AC2. You once again star as both the dashing Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Desmond Miles, though you control Ezio most of the time in-game. The story revolves around Ezio's adventures in Rome and how he liberated the Borgia influence in the region.

Roma

This was my first time to get a crack on the AC series and boy did I have a lot of fun. The gameplay was real-time, the graphics were amazing, and the fight scenes were top-notch. Having played the Grand Theft Auto series, I was really taken aback from the detail that the Ubisoft developers have done here - Rome was Rome! It really felt i was transported back to that era. The historical structures were in full detail and the AI NPCs were interactive too.

Because of the voice acting, I can't help but mimic the accent and pretend that I was Ezio and speak in his native tongue (Assassino!). What I also liked about AC Brotherhood was the multiplayer and the chance to recruit & recruit other Assassins to your flock. It was bad ass just walking along the streets of Rome, then with the flick of my hand and my unique whistle my brothers, and sisters, in the hood would appear out of nowhere ready to kick Borgia-butt!

Celtics, hurrah! Celtics! Hurrah!

In a historians perspective, you can't help but marvel at how Ubisoft was able to connect historical events and figures into the story. From Machiavelli, to the Borgias, to Leonardo, truly something worth learning history from. But of course, one must bear in mind not to confuse actual history from the game's content.

When I first plugged the CD I didn't know what to expect, and then and there, I got hooked! If you are fan of action and history rolled into one, then this is the game for you. I got to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in 3D at one of Cynetzone Gaming's branches.



My PSN ID is NinjaKabute. You can also follow me on Twitter to get the latest updates on my blog, PS3 news, manga, the NBA, photography, or just my gaming experience cramped up in 140 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment